Monday, December 1, 2008

What's going on?!

The garilcs have sprouted. They are tall enough to lift up the black fabric cover that we put down. That's how we noticed the sprouting...oh my goodness...I wonder when did they start sprouting...(right after I planted them?)

Based on the past two years of experience of growing garlic, and information that we read, the garlics are not supposed to sprout after the fall planting. They are supposed to stay nicely in the ground and come out in Feburary the following year, at least that's what happened for the past two years.

I did a historical weather data comparison for the month of November in 2007 and 2008. It shows that this November was 3c warmer than last year:

2007 min. -3.3C in Nov 22, 2008
2008 min. -0.3C in Nov 24, 2008

How scary is that!

No wonder I could still pick and munch on our raspgberries grown in our backyard today. Today is really warm also. I'll do a comparison of today's weather tomorrow.

No comments: